Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I voted

So much has been going on as of late that I have not had time or really the desire to punt out some great steaming blob of angry verbiage. Now there is quite a bit to catch up on.

This will be a bit shorter than usual as there is a homework assignment and a research paper to complete. Complain complain complain. I have been reading about economics which is making my head ache and the lining of my stomach deplete itself. I have been reading about the Attorney General refusing to deny torture as a legitimate tool of our so called democracy. I have been reading details about Jose Padilla - a US citizen tortured, held without charges, and denied access to legal representation until he got railroaded in a mock trial. Real Ministry of Love stuff.

Not all is so bleak. I have enjoyed the second birthday of PAB tremendously. Many good friends to be had. If only I might extract such pleasure from balloons... I continue to look forward to the time I can find with Mrs. Set.Element, since she is busy busy busy and has a world of family crap as well. We trudge on.

More later...

2 comments:

Spiros said...

OK, so I show up to vote, figuring they'll NEVER have a Green Party ballot to hand...
I now know there is at least one other Green in my precinct, since my ballot stub reads GRN 02; however, I seem to have disenfranchised myself rather, since I could give a flyimg burrito brother who the Green Party runs for president.
On a lighter note, whistles also seem to be a source of great pleasure, and of course you derive pleasure from sources of which the PAB has not the remotest inkling, so it all evens out.

set.element said...

Whistles indeed. It was, as always, a pleasure to have you over. I have found that by being officially undeclared that the latitude that I enjoy for voting.

s.e

note: PAB had better stay out of my wine or it will be a timeout for that little squirt.